2019 Workshop Schedule -- Coming Soon!
Open to All Employees
To register for an Academy workshop, find the Registration Contact for your local government and use the corresponding email link to send a message indicating your interest in a specific workshop.
Customer Service Excellence
Excellent customer service is much more than having a "good attitude" - it is a set of professional skills that you can learn, and practice, that benefit your career and your personal life.
Using extensive role-playing and team exercises, our flagship customer skills program teaches you how to become supremely confident in any customer situation, using the same proven skills that hostage negotiators, psychotherapists and law enforcement professionals use in their worst situations, based on a national #1 customer service bestseller.
Workshop leader Rich Gallagher is a noted author, speaker, and former customer service executive with a track record of dramatically “turning around” the performance of customer contact operations. Bring your toughest customer problems to this interactive session and leave with customer skills that will last you a lifetime!
- Dramatically improve your interpersonal skills with customers.
- Have shorter, easier customer transactions.
- Know how to defuse and de-escalate any customer situation.
- Learn how to work better with less stress.
October 25, 2018, 9 am - Noon
TCCOG Fee: $149 Per Person
Mindfulness in the Workplace
Do you have so much going on in your life that your mind constantly races with many thoughts, problems, and things to do? This type of thinking creates stress! Stress can have a profound impact on your productivity, health, and relationships. While there are many ways to reduce stress, mindfulness is a way of being that, with knowledge and practice, can be done almost in any place, at any time to provide clarity and reduce stress. This session explains the dynamics of stress and shares the practice of mindfulness to reduce stress.
- Learn the basic components of stress and how it affects you – mind, body and spirit
- Understand the long-term implications of stress
- Learn tools and considerations to help manage all components to reduce stress and its impact
- Learn about mindfulness and how it can help reduced stress and its impact
- Practice a few mindfulness techniques
- Identify actions to implement beyond the workshop to encourage the use of mindfulness at work and home (SMART Objective format.)
October 30, 2018, 1 - 4 pm
TCCOG Fee: $99 Per Person
Working with the Multigeneration Workforce
Did you know that this is the first time in history that FOUR (sometimes five) generations are in the workforce at the same time? While some may view this as an irritant, others know that this is an exciting time, filled with possibilities to learn and grow from generations that are different than your own. This session will provide general information and context about the four generations, and how they can show up in the workplace. With patience, knowledge, and understanding, you will leave the session with ways to leverage the perspectives and unique ideas of each person, no matter the generation!
- Identify the four generations prominent in today’s workforce and their unique characteristics
- Understand how the four generations “show up” in the work place
- Diverse Perspectives – Biases, Myths and Truths
- Personal perspectives and how they can help
- Learn approaches to maximize the value of a multi-generational workforce
Identify actions to implement to encourage a balance of multigenerational involvement for:
- Culture Transformation (including Collaboration)
- Make a commitment to create, enhance, or repair a commitment with someone from a different generation (SMART Objective format)
November 1, 2018, 1 - 4 pm
TCCOG Fee: $99 Per Person
Taking Great Minutes!
What does it mean to take great minutes? What should be included in your minutes? In this workshop, you will learn what must be included in Minutes as well as what can (maybe even should) be omitted. We will review standard agenda form and Robert's Rules of Order as those rules affect what needs to be recorded in minutes. Finally, you will be presented with various options for minute taking and will practice revising poorly written minutes for maximum accessibility.
November 1, 2018, 1 – 4:30 p.m.
TCCOG Fee: $99 Per Person
Location: Cortland Extension Center, 157 Main St, Cortland (onsite parking available)
Level I: Introduction to Excel (7 hours total)
Upon successful completion of this course, you will learn to:
Create a basic worksheet by using Microsoft Excel, Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet, Modify an Excel worksheet, Modify the appearance of data within a worksheet, Manage Excel workbooks, and Print the content of an Excel worksheet.
November 6 and November 8, 2018, 1-4:30 p.m.
TCCOG Fee: $104 Per Person includes text
Note: Cancellations must be made via email to the above address 10 business days prior to the workshop. Municipalities will be billed for individuals who are registered, but do not attend.
All registrations must come through appointed agent for your municipality. If you need more information, please email email@example.com
Refreshments are not included. Participants are encouraged to bring a snack or drink if they would like. Vending machines available.